<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
 
I don't have a lot to say, mostly out of pure exhaustion (blogs tend to become more scarce when I'm busy) and a surge in playwriting (blogs tend to become even more scarce when I actually have a piece of fiction that I can work on), but one thing I can and will say is this:

When I'm driving to work, having just woken up a half-hour prior, still half-asleep, there are few things more disturbing than pulling up behind a bus and seeing Kenny Chesney, wearing nothing but jeans and a cowboy hat, laying on his side, looking straight out at me as the words "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem" hover above him.

It's part of an ad for a country music radio station, showcasing their station along with Mr. Chesney's latest album (which is dubbed "N.S.N.S.N.P." for short, I'd imagine). And maybe it's that he ripped off the title from Jeff Foxworthy. Maybe it's that the ad makes very little sense (how is the quality of a radio station connected to a lack of clothing?). Or maybe it's, I don't know, the rather scary sight of a life-size shirtless Kenny Chesney staring at me from the back of a bus. But I felt rather disturbed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger