<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Friday, August 27, 2004
 
My thinking quota was used up yesterday, so today, I'm going to give you a variety of lists (yes, I'm like the guys in "High Fidelity", yes, I was doing this before "High Fidelity" came out, and yes, "High Fidelity" is on my list of greatest movies about guys who make lists):

RECENT MOVIES THAT ARE UNLIKE ANY OTHER AND THEREFORE SHOULD BE SEEN BY YOU:

* "Gerry" (Gus Van Sant)
* "Punch-Drunk Love" (Paul Thomas Anderson)
* "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring" (Kim Ki-Duk)
* "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (Michel Gondry)
* "The Saddest Music in the World" (Guy Maddin)
* "The Triplets of Belleville" (Sylvain Chomet)
* "Lost in Translation" (Sofia Coppola)
* "American Splendor" (Shari Springer Berman & Robert Pulcini)

MUSICAL ACTS I'D LOVE TO PLAY TAMBOURINE FOR:

* Bob Dylan (I would probably soil myself)
* Bjork (I would just make her say a lot of things in her impossibly adorable Icelandic accent)
* Ben Folds (We would have to have a piano duet)
* Nellie McKay (Where we'd subsequently fall in love and change the world, her with her songs, I with my plays. We would be a force to reckon with and the world of theatre and music would...Where am I?)
* Norah Jones (and after the show we'd go to hole-in-the-wall 24-hour diners and be shy and goofy together)
* Rufus Wainwright (I could be back-up singer and then spend the rest of the time just laughing at his jokes)
* Damien Rice (If, for no other reason, just to be a part of his incredible live shows)
* The White Stripes (They're really cool. I can't explain it any better than that. They're both just...cool)

TOP TEN ROLES I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IN A PLAY:

* Hamlet (I know, it's obvious, but not insincere)
* Austin or Lee - "True West" (Each role is equally good)
* Rosenkrantz or Guildenstern - "Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" (Ditto)
* Vladimir or Estragon - "Waiting For Godot" (Ditto ditto)
* Charlotte von Mahlsdorf - "I Am My Own Wife" (trust me, it's a guy)
* Any well-written role in a David Mamet play. (Fuckin' A)
* Any well-written role in a Richard Greenberg play. (He writes great weird guys)
* Any well-written role in an Edward Albee play. (Preferably with one of his trademark monologues)
* George - "Sunday in the Park With George" (If Mandy Patinkin can do it, why can't I?)
* M.C. - "Cabaret" (Hells, yeah!)
* Allen - "Play It Again, Sam" (I AM Allen Felix)

Okay, bye.

Comments:
Hey Sweety. Yeah, I'll totally stick around and introduce myself. Pretty sure I'll be there tomorrow night.. I'm really excited! Hope ya have a good day! ~Sammy
 
Hey Sweety. Yeah, I'll totally stick around and introduce myself. Pretty sure I'll be there tomorrow night.. I'm really excited! Hope ya have a good day! ~Sammy
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger