<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Friday, July 23, 2004
 
When I wake up in the morning, I have about an hour between the TV alarm going off and my getting out of bed. I spend that time in a half-awake stupor listening to the morning news and indulging whatever random thoughts slip in to my head.

This morning's thought was about high school (which was actually a very fun time for me), and how five years ago to the day, I was smack dab in the middle of summer vacation. I would wake up, and I'd have the entire day ahead of me. I could do whatever I wanted to do. Wake up at noon. Make myself a sandwich. Watch "Singin' in the Rain" for the fiftieth time. Whatever. Go through my parents' old records. Whatever. Ah, those were the days. The days of doing half-ass work on my assignments, dance class on Wednesdays, Lake City Playhouse (a theatre that - along with North Idaho College's Schuler Auditorium - felt like another home), cruising Sherman Avenue in my friend James' LeBaron convertible, dates at The White House Grill on Spokane Street, the big and little gym at the high school (which is now the junior high). It was a great time for me. And at the same time, I'm so glad to be out of there.

So today, I took an online quiz that gave me my pirate name ("Black Harry Flint". I like it), and it reminded me of my favorite pirate joke (I really like pirates, by the way):

A pirate walks into a bar, and he has a steering wheel tied to his testicles. He goes up to order a drink, and the bartender says, "I'm sorry, but I can't help notice that you've got a steering wheel tied to your balls." And the pirate says, "Aye, matey, and it's drivin' me nuts!"

*BA DUM BUM* Tip your waitress.

Last night, I was watching "Scrubs", one of the very few sitcoms that doesn't totally and completely suck. They had a trailer for the film "Garden State", which was written by, directed by, and stars Zach Braff, who stars in "Scrubs". I had heard of the movie, but knew nothing of what it was about. After seeing the trailer, I still knew nothing about the plot. However, I definitely know that I want to see it something fierce. It has a kind of Jeunet/Burton/P.T. Anderson look that I'm a big fan of. So I have my fingers crossed. This weekend it's all about "The Bourne Supremacy". "The Bourne Identity" was exactly the kind of action film that I'd like to do, with running, gun pointing, car chasing, and martial arting, but with a plot, good acting and actual character development.

So yeah, I hope "Bourne Supremacy" beats out "Catwoman" for the number one spot today (I have no interest in seeing that movie, although I will probably find some pictures of Halle Berry in a cat suit on the Internet, much like I did with Keira Knightley in her "King Arthur" battle armor). And then next week, I'll be all about "Garden State".

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger