<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Thursday, July 15, 2004
 
So I feel gross today. This is for many reasons. One is that I am recovering from a cold, and am coughing and phlegming all over the place. I've been taking healthy doses of Vitamin C and drinking plenty of teas and water.

I don't like to take medicine when I'm sick, because I believe that most diseases can be controlled mentally. Granted, something like cancer or AIDS isn't going to go away because you deny it. But have you ever noticed that those who overcame those diseases always did so through a strong spirit, whereas those who gave up the fight (such as the father of one of my friends from high school) passed away just shortly after being diagnosed. So I refuse to take medicines and instead will do things like eat plenty of oranges and try to mentally eradicate the disease. A lot of this is done through a sort of meditation where I imagine the disease as this black, gooey substance and I pull large portions of it from my body. Okay, I have a big imagination, but it's worked so far.

The second reason why I feel gross is because I haven't showered yet today. I woke up at 5:20 a.m., knowing I needed to be at work by 6:00, and knowing that with no traffic, it takes me 30 minutes to get to work. So I skipped the shower, which I will take when I get home. So I'm covered in stank and sweat.

And the third reason is because of the dream that I had last night. I dreamt that I was driving around and was stopped at a stop light. Suddenly a guy in the car next to me got out of his car. I thought at first that he was going to do a Chinese Fire Drill - in which you run around your car once while stopped at a red light and try to get in before the light turns green - but instead he threw up into the hood of his car. I laughed, amused by this guy's choice of place to throw up. However, it turned out that he wasn't done, and he proceeded to throw up in the hood of my car. I was okay with this, because I really saw no harm in him doing this. However, upon driving again, I saw that I was finding it hard to see out my windshield and realized with horror that it was getting covered with vomit, which was splashing up from the hood of the car. So I pulled over the car, only to find that I was covered in vomit. Apparently, the vomit from inside the hood was coming through the vents and splashing onto me. I then woke up, and realized that the "vomit" I was feeling was my own sweat. So now I feel like I'm covered in vomit.

By the way, are you going to eat all of that?

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger