<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Sunday, June 06, 2004
 
Okay, okay, I haven't added anything here in a while. I've been busy. But not busy enough to keep from putting blogs on my MySpace page. So sue me. Anyway, here they are, back-to-back:

ON JUNE 4TH:

Two things I wanted to talk about today:

1). I never thought that a day of the week could be used to describe a mood before I worked in an office. But now I hear it all the time. The dialogue will go as follows:

ME: Hey, Eugene.

EUGENE: Why, hello, Jeremy. How's it hanging?

ME: Pretty good, pretty good. You?

EUGENE: Oh, you know, it's a Tuesday.

ME (Perplexed, but trying to be nice): Uh, true. Very true.

And....scene!

I think that the moods go as follows...

MONDAY: Depressed
TUESDAY: Bored
WEDNESDAY: Complacent
THURSDAY: Hopeful
FRIDAY: Jubilant

I think this is going to be the new fad. People using days of the week for moods. "I am sooo totally Monday today!" "Is everything feeling Friday tonight?" That's my prediction.

2). Today a charity was at my work, accepting donations. I didn't donate because...well, because I'm a cheap, heartless bastard. But if you did donate, they gave you a sticker that stated rather proudly in loud colors and big letters that you gave to their cause. I saw some guy wearing the sticker and I thought that was rather self-indulgent. If you're donating to charity, shouldn't you just donate out of the goodness of your heart and your belief in the charity's purposes? Not so that you can say, "Look at my sticker! I parted with twenty bucks! For I'm a jolly good fellow, that nobody can deny!" Just my thought.


AND ON JUNE 5TH:

So a pretty weird thing happened to me last night. I was at the Young Playwrights Festival last night ("Guilt", the one I was looking forward to seeing, was underrehearsed and came off as somewhat plodding, which was very disappointing. 14 year-old Jessica Juhrend's "Restless Peace" was the highlight of the evening), and afterward they had an opening night party. I'm talking with a friend of mine and a woman who I've only briefly talked to a couple of times, but whose company I still enjoy. And there's a third woman standing next to me, and I suddenly realize that she is Tiffani-Amber Thiessen. Yes, THE Tiffani-Amber Thiessen! Ms. Kelly Kapowski herself! I was surprised because, one, I didn't see her in the audience yet she was at the afterparty and two, because she's Tiffani-Amber Thiessen and she's standing right next to me.

Now here's the part that baffles me. She says a couple of things to the three of us, and then we go back to our conversation, and she turns to another conversation. Ladies and gentlemen, I actually snubbed Tiffani-Amber Thiessen! Kelly Kapowski wanted to talk to us, and I gave her the shaft! It wasn't intentional (and I don't think that she was desperate to talk to us), but it happened. This girl who I adored in the sixth grade (Elizabeth Berkley was too political for me at the time, and Lark Voorhies kept dissing the nerd, which is an instant F in my book...Mr. Belding was pretty hot) I now had no time for.

Of course, the problem is what does one say to Tiffani-Amber Thiessen? I can't use my usual opener of "I love your work", because I really don't. I don't think she's that good of an actress, honestly (I came to this startling realization while watching a live taping of "Good Morning Miami". It's amazing how being a famous person who does fluff will cover up this fact), and I'm sure that "Saved By the Bell" was the last thing that she'd want to be brought up.

Anyway, that's my story. It's always when I go into Hollywood that such things happen. O.C. is far too boring.


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger