<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Friday, June 25, 2004
 
It's amazing how big of a role music plays in my life. For a long time here at work, they played this horrible muzak at a much-too-loud volume. Now granted I like Gershwin and Sinatra and sometimes even Andrew Lloyd Webber, but when you have some shitty string orchestra led by a conductor who knows nothing about the emotion behind a piece, you're going to ruin whatever song you attempt.

But today, there was a sudden change. Sure, early in the morning, "Music of the Night" was playing (and I had my headphones tuned into Air America Radio to drown it out), but then I suddenly got a call from one of my friends and co-workers (who is probably reading this right now. Hi, Steph!) who said, "They're playing Weezer." I listened and sure enough, "Island in the Sun" was playing. Can it be true? Electric guitars? Vocals? Actual artistic integrity? I kept listening as I heard The White Stripes, and The Ramones, and Doves, and The Donnas. Oh, sweet rapture!

To show you how my life is governed by music, here are some upcoming albums that I can't wait to get:

* "Caroline Or Change" - Original Broadway Recording (Release date: June 29)
* The Fiery Furnaces - "Blueberry Boat" (July 13)
* The Roots - "The Tipping Point" (July 13)
* The Hives - Title TBA (July 20)
* Badly Drawn Boy - One Plus One Is One (July 27)
* Joni Mitchell - The Beginning of Survival (July 27)
* Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine (Summer)
* The Faint - Wet From Birth (September 14)
* Brian Wilson - SMiLE [release of legendary shelved Beach Boys follow-up to "Pet Sounds"] (September 28)
* Nick Cave - Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus (September)
* Bjork - Medulla (Fall)
* Elliott Smith - From a Basement On the Hill (Fall)
* Tom Waits - Real Gone (Fall)

See what I mean?

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger