<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
 
A friend of mine told me last night that my posts make me sound like I'm depressed and that I feel that my life is ending. I'm sorry if I give that impression. I'm actually a very happy man who leads a good life. My mind will sometimes turn to bad thoughts (which makes me human), and rather than keeping them bottled up and letting them fester, I get them out and set them free almost immediately. But just so you know, I'm the happiest I've been in years, and things are continually looking up for me. But I'll always be wanting (which makes me human, or for that matter, any living being).

Anyway, on to the end of the world. Or rather, a movie about the end of the world. Every so often a movie manages to pass under everyone's radar, despite it being a really good film. I watched one last night called, oddly enough, "Last Night". It was written by, directed by and stars Don McKellar (whose "Red Violin" is one of my favorite screenplays of recent years). It's a Canadian film that centers around various people, and what they do six hours before the end of the world (the reason why the world is ending is never explained, but a clue is given in that it's always daylight, even at midnight). The cast (featuring Sarah Polley) is excellent, the directing is assured, and the writing is witty and insightful. Do yourself a favor and rent this one.

Finally, I figured out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. I'm going to make a time machine, go back to 1920 and start making a living as the fourth most famous silent film comedian (because I don't want to take away the glory of Chaplin, Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd). Then when movies turn to sound in the late '20's and musicals become the hot genre, I'm going to make a transition to being a musical star, so I can star in the rich, elegant MGM musicals of the '30's. Now I just need to figure out how to make a time machine. Where's H.G. Wells when you need him?

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger