<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Friday, May 28, 2004
 
Maybe it's the gloomy weather (like I said to someone earlier this week, all of L.A. and Orange County shuts down when there's gloomy weather), or maybe it's the crappy muzak that they've decided to start playing here at work (they started out so well this morning with Bob Dylan's "Shelter From the Storm", then it went to The Carpenters' "Close to You", and now it's generic mall food court sap), but my mood is somewhat crummy, and I have come to a conclusion: people should stop telling stories about their families. I really don't care about that "really cute" thing your four year-old niece said the other day. I don't tell you the details of my boring life (unless you read these posts, in which case I do, and that's by your own choice), so please show me the same respect.

Oh, hold on, I have a phone call (okay, that statement is somewhat false. While I was, in fact, interrupted from writing this blog by a phone call, it was not at the moment of writing the above sentence. I simply stopped writing, took the phone call, and then returned to write that I was being interrupted, just so that I could have a somewhat smooth transition into my next topic. Sorry for leading you on).....

Okay, I'm back from my phone call (wink, wink), and I get some really good news. A good friend of mine - who goes by the name of Katie (she doesn't actually look like that. That's from a show she was acting in) and is currently studying theatre at Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington - is in town and will be here until Thursday. This makes me extremely happy, because Katie is the definition of "cool" (cool: adj. ko-ol - to be a short, spunky brunette who is not only confident but treats others with respect). She's the only girl I can ever claim to have been in love with (ah, those good old high school days, when I had no clue about anything).

So that totally turned me around. My apologies to those with families. Say whatever the hell you want to about your niece, whatever, I'll live.

And in other news, I have a zit the size of Mount Rushmore on my face. I'm not normally one to worry about stuff like that, but this wanker is enormous. I'm more fascinated than disgusted by it. I'm telling you, it's amazing.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger