<$BlogRSDURL$>
Jeremy's Ramblings, Babblings, and Other Pretentious Bullshit.
Thursday, April 29, 2004
 
Last night was the first night of good sleep that I got in a while. I've got so much on my plate right now. I had to drop a stand-up comedy competition that was going to take place in a couple of weeks, because I knew I wouldn't have the time to come up with a decent routine. So I was taken off the list and replaced by a guy named "Wild Bill". Dear Lord, with each passing day I feel that I'm making the right choice in getting out of stand-up comedy.

I'm also reading scripts for the Blank Theatre's Living Room Series, which takes time, auditioning for their Young Playwrights Festival, getting ready to audition for "Equus" in Santa Ana, working on a script I just finished, working on an upcoming production of a script that I wrote a while back, trying to help with a script my sister wants to write, trying to figure out how I can hear what Bush and Cheney said to the 9/11 Commission, blah blah blah. I don't really know why I'm complaining. I love all of this stuff. How many other people can claim that they are immersing themselves in something that they love?

The latest trend in theatre (along with casting celebrities who aren't great actors. See prior post) is to have plays with a slash in the name. Recent examples are "Topdog/Underdog", "Homebody/Kabul", "Cold/Tender" and "Blue/Orange". My sister and I were deciding that the play she wants to write should have a slash separating two opposite words. Ideas we came up with were "Hot/Cold", "Oil/Water", "To Be/Not To Be" and of course "Opposite/Same". We finally decided that the slash would separate the title, but BE the title. Yes, the play will be called "/". That way people won't know what to ask tickets for when they call the box-office. A great idea, no?

Oh, and if you're wondering why there are so many entries (is anyone actually reading this? It's rather presumptuous of me to think so, don't you think, person who isn't reading this?), these are all written while I'm at work, when I should be working, but am not. So I do have a life, I just choose to be lazy when I'm getting paid. That's the American way!

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger